View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #139
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Tony gives us a better shot than, I don't know, Stephen McGee back there. If you think we need to be looking for a QB this offseason, then that's one thing, but as of right now, he's sure as hell the best thing we have. It's not like we need a manager back there who just doesn't make mistakes while our awesome run game wins games. What run game? The only offense the Cowboys have gotten this year has been thanks to Romo making plays. Realize that. I do dude, I do - but as I posted when I first got on this forum today - The Romo giveth and the Romo taketh away. He's also up and made plays the other way to help lose games, but he was the reason the Cowboys had the lead to start with. Does that get him a participation ribbon? Who the F cares if he is the reason we had the lead if he single handedly gives it back?

Remember, he got to the Divisional round two years ago, and it wasn't his fault they lost there (offensive line and defense was clearly to blame). Yeah, he played no role in it - how many points did we score again? And last year, he was playing pretty well minus half a dozen interceptions off receivers' hands at the beginning of the year, and the myriad other issues the Cowboys were having was ruining his efforts.Hahaha... OK.

Always the optimist, I'm going to ignore Game 1 this year. How convenient for you. First real game back from the broken collarbone, with a tumultuous offseason not helping him get back into form, and he was rusty. He made two critical mistakes, both on him, and they lost. They weren't even suppose to be in the game. It always is easier to find excuses for the people you hold in high honor than to fully accept their failures. I actually heard a lot of people expressing this opinion after Romo did well in Game 2.

That leaves us with two games that Romo clearly won for us despite everything working against him to lose the game, and a game that he lost with a huge lead making it easy to win the game ...and the game you generously decided to forget that he also lost for us. He's an enigma, but I say there's not nearly enough data to draw any conclusions. I and many, many, MANY others say you are quite wrong - check my link to BTB for proof. And I know, a lot of the arguments are based on former seasons, but again, I'd consider both of his last two to be "positive" seasons, at the very least.

There's a bunch of words. I'm not sure how much sense they all make, because I sure didn't have any plan to my writing. But hopefully pulling a Ron Washington and using my gut to write all that out gets my point across as clear as I was trying to. Yup - homer that hasn't given up on someone that absolutely needs to be given up on. Quite clear. Honestly, I sometimes wish I could just be a pessimist, or as you'd probably call it, a realist, and just bash Romo because of his record of screwing up, but I just keep seeing all the games he's won, all the comeback's he's orchestrated, all the great moment's he's had hiding back behind those glaring mistakes, and I can't help but think that he has it in him to be the guy. [b]I was just like you for far too long - week 1 finally cleared that up for me. You aren't there yet. Just wait - his dumb isn't done.
No offense, but I had to respond. Just can't give this guy (Romo) a break here. He is a Fing idiot with a brain the size of my pinky toe and I am fed up with his. Again, nothing at all personal - but 80% of this is optimistic homer-fueled fluff that can lead the masses to ignoring what just happened and that has happened long enough. Let's all stop making excuses for him. Please.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-02-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote