View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 06:09 PM   #51
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Just looking at the recent buyouts I'd much rather the Mavs had stood pat and rolled out a starting lineup of KP, DFS, Bullard, Luka and Brunson for the playoffs.

They could have signed Dragic and DSJ much cheaper to do the things they are asking Bertans & Dinwiddie to do off the bench.

Dragic, DSJ, Green, Kleber and Powell is pretty solid bench unit.
I don't think it takes a great deal of insight or behind the scenes knowledge to determine that something was wrong in the lockerroom with KP and has been for a while. Bottom line, I think Luka and KP were basically done with each other, and the Mavs were going to have to move on from KP either at the deadline or in the offseason. Given that he was generally considered one of the more untradeable players in the league, I imagine the Mavs figured it was better to take the offer they had for him right now, because there almost certainly wasn't going to be a better one in the offseason- especially if he got injured again, which, let's face it, is virtually inevitable. Imagine if we kept him and then he ends up missing the entire playoffs again. Then he's truly untradeable.

And I don't think we were going to get Dragic anyway.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote