Thread: Ron Artest
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 01:52 PM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Ron Artest

Quote:
While he may be a head case - yes he is a head case - Avery is very good at that part of it,
No, no, no. You don't get it. I don't care how good you think Avery is at mentoring head cases, or how many second chances Artest gets (I don't think he gets another one, personally). I have come to the conclusion that there's a reason the guy is still a complete psycho at this point in his life: he is physically, neurologically incapable of controlling his own behavior in the way a normal person is capable of controlling his own behavior. I just don't think his brain is wired up the right way to allow him to ever get control over the way his emotions express themselves. His consciousness, and therefore his will and sense of right and wrong, are simply out of the loop, and no matter how much you try to teach him right from wrong, when the fit hits the shan the circuitry of his brain is simply not equipped to allow his consciousness to hold a powerful surge of emotion under the sway of a mature and integrated moral sensibility. Did you see that interview he just did a couple weeks ago? Watch what his face is doing while he's talking. The emotions it's expressing don't even come close to matching up to the things that are coming out of his mouth. That's not happening because he lacks guidance in his life. That's happening because of a neural pathology, a breakdown in his biological development that effectively failed to hook up all the different parts of his brain the way they're usually hooked up. If he doesn't get kicked out of the league for doing something unforgiveably stupid in the next few years there'll be nothing to give credit to but dumb luck.