View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #146
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
I'm falling into the barefooters camp these days. I didn't know it was a new fad when I first heard about barefoot running being practiced by even "elderly" natives in Mexico (Natgeo & then NPR). It just felt like devine guidance. lol. Then I heard others were trying it. I have New Balance minimus shoes, but I think they were a waste (should've gotten the uber comfy five fingers) because they slightly constrict across the front of my foot. However, they do/did let my feet, legs, knees adapt to being flat on the ground, which is good for starters. I dont run right now though.

When I was running a few years ago, the longer stride with heel strike did lead to a minor injury. There are so many nuances for every runner, but the way I did it was too much impact to one of the smaller muscles that terminates in the hip (can't recall name). My outter 3 toes would feel like they had pins & needles after a few miles, so maybe I was just made for barefoot or the wider spread of the vibrams.
Are you still running?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote