View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 11:43 AM   #18
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli
whatever you do, listen to your body

if you want get in shape and become/stay healthy, do yoga and/or taiqi

deep breathing and slow movements is the best you can do for your body

endurance sports only get you that far

the former German foreign minister (Fischer; now on his way to a teaching job at Harvard) started running after he became one of those fat politicians, he ran a few marathons and lost about 60 pounds (or more, can't really remember; he was really slim at one point) in the process. After stopping running and starting indulging in French cuisine again, he soon turned back into the fat suit in no time...
The thing is: he lieks to eat, he didn't stop running, even throughout his election campaign he ran 1 1/2 hours a day.

Anyways, I'm gonna start preparing myself for a half marathon (13 miles) in a couple of weeks. But I don't wanna los any weight, I'd rather gain some weight, which is pretty impossible while I'm still in school, because I just don't have any time, whatsoever.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto

Last edited by Arne; 01-16-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote