View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #1200
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

A few points:

1. I said several days ago that losing Gortat would not be catostrophic, but tying up the MLE for a week and letting other people sign elsewhere potentially could be. So now Gortat isn't coming, Bass is leaving, and Rasheed and McDyess have signed elsewhere. (BTW, what's Bass thinking right now? I suppose he could still start at PF, but if he doesn't, he's a backup PF and not playing any center. Oooof. So this move gives the Magic two potentially unhappy front court players.)

2. If I'm a Magic fan I'm absolutely LIVID that my team let Turkoglu walk for money and then signed a backup center to an overpay contract.

3. I don't know that this hurts us THAT much this season. I think you're going to see a LOT of Dirk/Marion at the 4/5 this season. The real potential for hurt from this move starts next year.

4. The week to match is a joke. Otis sat around for a week, listened to all the people talk about what a deal the Mavs were getting on this guy and talked himself into an idiotic move that adversely effects both teams.

5. I wish utter failure on the entire Magic organization. I wasn't even that fired up about Gortat, but this sucks.

6. I agree with GMC; I will be VERY interested to see what kind of rumblings leak out of Mav headquarters over this.

7. Hitch up your boots, Cubes and Donnie, you've got more work to do.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-13-2009 at 06:19 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote