View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 11:25 AM   #21
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

<< I'll listen to the get rid of nellie crowd as soon as they mention a better coach who has at least:

- Actually head coach successfully for a year.
Or
- Head coach for half a year.
Or
- Actually been completely responsible for the team.
Or
- Taken a completely rotten team and built them up.

Then when you show me THAT coach he will also have had to have
- WON A CHAMPIONSHIP.

Nellie Jr. AIN'T it. So until then it's all silly fan junk.
>>

When Phil Jackson took over for Doug Collins, he hadn't done any of the above. He simply took over a team that hadn't quite reached the pinnacle yet, and took them to the next level. That said, I don't think this argument holds much water.

<< Wanting to get rid of nellie now for little nellie is just the normal silly fan wishing the backup quarterback would play because OBVIOUSLY he's better. It sounds even sillier now since no one can say nellie has ever had a team that was really competing for the title. When he did try to address dificiencies in GS webber blows up the team. He surely didn't have the team in milwaukee, ever.

Hmmm.. And right now he has the best record in the league and you knuckleheads want to can him... Wow...
>>

I don't want to can Nellie now. I want to give him this postseason to see what he can do. If he gets to the WCF, I say give him another year or two. If not, I say we look at our options.