View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #1398
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
If JJB was willing to sign a one-year deal, which he reportedly hasn't been so far, I'd even offer him $4-5 million. 1) It would be just one year without any effects on our financial flexibility next summer; 2) I don't care about Cuban's money and we're over the luxury tax anyway after the Odom deal; 3) Kidd's even older and we're still in "win now" mode after trading for Odom. I'm a bit concerned that Roddy seems to be the chosen one to be Kidd's primary backup. He hasn't been healthy in 412 years and the few minutes he has played as point guard weren't exactly promising. I'd be surprised if he could make just as much of an impact this season as JJB made last season.

Don't get me wrong: I like Roddy and would love to see him healthy and productive. The problem is that he's basically missed an entire season due to his foot injury and we don't know whether or not he can be healthy and productive as a point guard. It's a bit of a gamble.
Good points, I'm another person that's very skeptical about Roddy. The kid has been injured for so long (And he's still not even 100%). We'd be taking quite a gamble by depending on him. What I loved last season was how well Kidd and Barea complimented each other. Kidd could stabilize the team and play defense, while JJ could increase the tempo and give the team huge boosts with his scoring. I'm gunna miss JJ, and It seems like a very weak market for free agent PG's, so we may just have to make the best of what we have.