View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #44
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Just somewhat of a new thought:
I have been reading about rumors, and I know they are just rumors, but trying to put 2+2 and actually get 4 with so much speculation is fun but also futile.

With that said, I have fun trying to figure out what the braintrust is thinking, and where they are going. Being a coach of kids, I tend to look at skillsets, and not players.

Now to my scenerio. I have been reading that the Mavs are interested in Martin. Also that Stack is going nowhere. I have not heard anything about Croshere coming to town yet or a media day for him. I know they are interested in Mike James, and talking with him. IMO, if you have James and Terry -- Harris PT and need has dwindled somewhat.

If the Mavs have somewhat given up on Harris ( I am not saying they have), and they sign James. Would Denver and Dallas do a deal like?

Martin/Boykins for Croshere/Harris/ SNT KVH ? ?

If the Mavs have somewhat given up on Harris , then this deal makes a little sense to me (as long as Martin's knee is healthy).

Martin (if healthy) is Dirks backup, and is versitile enough to play both the 3 and 5 for short spurts.
Howard will play both the 2 and the 3.
Boykins is the #3 PG, who can allow for Terry/James to play the 2.
James will be a 1/2 combo like Terry and can add to the offense and defense.

If you started James, Terry, Howard, Dirk, and Diop and had a 1st line bench of Boykins, Stack, Martin, Damp.........with Griff, DJ, and Powell. That would be pretty stout on both ends of the floor, and I would expect Pops or Marshall to be there as well.

Going small would be exceptionally fast with Boykins/James/Terry/Howard/Dirk. They could run with Phoenix.
Going Big with Terry/Howard/Martin/Dirk/Diop.
Need Offense Terry/Stack/Howard/Martin/Dirk
Need Defense James/Howard/Martin/Dirk/Damp

Very, Very versitile team.........all "if Martin is healthy".

Denver would be moving Martins contract, getting a good PG in Harris, getting an expiring contract in Croshere, and getting a vet backup 3/4 in KVH. I can see Denver doing it fairly easily.
Dallas would be getting a true undersized PG (like Avery) in Boykins who could be a #3 guard, and a tough backup for Dirk that adds amazing versatility to the team.

I actually kind of doubt this scenerio because I think Dallas wants a 3 pt threat at the Big position to pair with Dirk, and Martin definately isn't that, but I think it is one scenerio that might work to win the title ---- IF Martin is healthy.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote