View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #27
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm not worried about the money, my favorite beers that I will consume in bulk, and particularly when the weather is cold, are german double bocks like Ayinger Celebrator, Spaten Opimator, and Paulaner Salvator.

That said, what I usually drink on a weekly basis, and always if I am doing something outdoors in the heat (going to the beach, splitting wood, smoking BBQ, etc... ) are Lone Star and Busch, which are both supremely good tasting, affordable beers. If I'm going to a bar I always try to find out if Shiner if priced the same as other American domestics, and if it is, or is at least close, that's what I'll end up drinking all night, and if not I generally will drink whatever non-light beer is on tap at the better price (usually Budweiser or MGD, now that communist anheuser-busch's sales force has decided to persuade bar owners to replace traditional Michelob on tap with crappy Michelob Ultra on just about every bar and restaurant on the planet).

Aside from that, I also often buy large amounts of whatever good cheapo beer is on sale on any given week, so I'll often commonly have High Life, Pearl, Blue Diamond (still selling at Spec's in Houston for the amazing price of $2.99 a 12 pack), PBR, Cerveza Cuguama, etc... taking up space in my beer fridge, but the availability, pricing, and variety of good cheap beers is highly dependent upon what part of the country you live in, so it's hard to make specific recommendations here without knowing where you buy your beer...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 10-04-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote