View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 05:42 PM   #43
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dampier - 73 million, Devin Harris...

Quote:
Although just watching, I still don't see the Booth fit now. How do you think this team would do with Booth gone, and his minutes going to Bradley and Benga?
They'd probably be fine, assuming that Bradley actually played some.

I don't think Benga should be in the discussion for this year. I'd like to see him get SOME playing time to get his feet wet, but watching him makes it clear that he's still at least a year away from being a rotation player.

Quote:
Right now, if Nelson would learn how to play Bradley 12-20 min a night, with Damp getting close to 30, and Benga getting the rest, I think they would be better off.
My preference would be to play Dampier 30-33 minutes per game and play Shawn 15-18 minutes per game as the backup. That said, I can see the value of having Booth available to rotate with Shawn at the backup slot, because Booth is more agile than Shawn and matches up better with certain players than Shawn does.

Quote:
I still think Nelson should quit dreaming of Dirk being his center, and keep him away from there. IMO, Dirk has played way to much center already this year, and any time Henderson is in, then Dirk is the Center. I don't mind the Dirk, Henderson, Damp/Bradley lineup, but the Howard, Henderson, Dirk lineup needs to be forgotten about.
Been debating this over at LMF some. Dirk should not be the last line of defense, which he is when Henderson is in the game with him. I don't have a problem with *occasional* use of Dirk at center, especially if we went to a pressing, trapping lineup with Howard at PF. But that should only happen as a "changeup pitch", not for an extended period of time. When you play that way for too long, it gets exposed.

Also, saying that it's okay to *occasionally* play Dirk at center is like saying it's okay for an alcoholic to *occasionally* take a drink. Both are too tempting to the alcoholic.