View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #21
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Someone educate me on the cap situation if this goes through. If Parsons is signed (and all the other deals go through; Dirk, Harris, Carter, etc.) do the Mavericks still have the full MLE to spend? Thanks.

About the move, ultimately I think you have to like it. Parsons is young and a good three point shooter. He is the surest bet of the 2nd tier SFs, and he will help the spacing on this squad (again, if the deal goes through). The Mavericks were going to have to overpay for one of Ariza, Deng, or even Stephenson, and if it is Parsons that is the one then I think that is the best case scenario.

If the full MLE is available I would love to see the Mavs go after some shooters (or even an Ed Davis or Okafor type to shore up the front court). Wright is still there to dangle in trades too.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote