View Single Post
Old 03-16-2001, 08:12 PM   #29
Strago

Strago is on a distinguished road

Hales, sorry man, but your arguments are lame.

Basically you are saying what JWill did was wrong, but understandable. News flash – his action was inexcusable. I’m the least political correct person out there, but even I can see when a guy mimics a machine gun and say ‘I will shoot all you Asian mother*’ is reprehensible.

How many NBA games have you been to? Fans heckle the players all the time. It’s called home court advantage. You, as a fan do all you reasonably can to psych a player out. It’s no different than bringing signs or banners insulting the opposing teams or when fans waive streamers in unison to distract a player during a free throw. Most players are mentally strong enough to ignore the fans' antics.

The league investigated the incident and fined JWill 15k, so I'm inclined to believe it happened. Ching may be a loud-mouthed dork, but he didn't shout racial slurs to initiate the incident - he would have been mobbed. Iverson was flat out lying when he said Pacers fans were throwing the n-bomb at him. If a fan shouts racial slurs at the players in an earshot of other fans, then that fan will get jumped. Trust me, I seen it happened. I don’t know if JWill is racist or not, I don’t know what is in his heart. I can only judge from his actions, and his actions don’t look favorable upon him.

Just my 2 cents.