View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 01:38 AM   #15
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
The best bench in the NBA? Definitely not. Under healthy circumstances:

Chris Anderson, J.R. Smith (who has come off the bench more games than started), Kleiza, Anthony Carter, Petro.

AK47, Millsap, Knight, Korver, Price, Harpring.

Travis Outlaw, Rudy Fernandez, Sergio Rodriguez, Greg Oden, Channing Frye, Bayless.

Odom, Farmar, Walton, Sasha, Powell, D'Benga, Brown

That's four benches better than ours right there.
As much as I appreciate your completely subjective, totally arbitrary list, I (obviously) disagree. The Mavs have the highest scoring bench in the NBA (37.9 pts). As far as I'm concerned, scoring is the most important thing a bench does. Thus, the Mavericks have the best bench in the NBA.

Only two of the four you listed (Utah and Denver) are even arguable. The fact that you'd say that this year's Lakers bench is better than the Mavs' either tells me: 1) you still think it's the 07-08 season, or 2) you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I thought it was widely common knowledge that the Lakers' bench this year has massively underperformed. I guess common knowledge eludes you?

As for Portland, are you kidding me? Their bench sure didn't look better than the Mavs' when JJB and Bass were running them (and their starters, for that matter) up and down the court for an entire half in Portland on X-mas.

I also find it humorous that your list probably doesn't include a single player who's having a better year than Terry. All of those benches, except maybe Utah's, are relatively top-heavy, so the fact that none of them have a better player than Terry sure says a lot.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-09-2009 at 01:40 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote