Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 04:05 PM   #343
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Does JB just hate playing with Luka? Assuming the numbers are equal I don?t know how you go to a losing franchise like the Knicks over a Dallas team that just went to the WCF.
That's how WE feel, but you have to remember, even with all their losing and incompetence over the past 25 years, the Knicks are STILL the "glamor" franchise for so many NBA players and fans.

Honestly, as much as it nauseates me, I get the appeal. It's just a unique franchise. Being in NY automatically makes you a much bigger star. Remember Linsanity? That was a legit cultural phenomenon. You think that would have happened if Lin played in Memphis, or Charlotte? Or even Dallas for that matter? No way. And don't even get me started on how insanely overhyped Porzingis was while he was there, just for being the first good player they had drafted in decades. I'm not saying he wasn't really good, but people were hyping him up like he was the next Duncan.

The sports media drools all over the Knicks, and for whatever reason, the media and the Knicks fanbase has always been obsessed with point guards. I guess because of Clyde Frazier? If Brunson is even mildly successful there, if they get back to the playoffs, the entire sports media and Knicks fanbase will lift him on their shoulders like he's Steve Nash in Phoenix, I promise you.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote