Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 04:41 PM   #358
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Except you?re not finding our second best player in free agency after Brunson our second best player in the playoffs, leaves. And again Mavs have no cap space and the rules are very quirky for a sign and trade to even be possible much less one the FO wants. Your only option is to be a worse team. Dinwiddie absolutely can?t pick up the slack. The team was gassed vs Warriors. And now you have our second best ball handler gone.

It will sadly be all on Lukas shoulders again but with one less ball handler.
It's definitely a step backwards next season, and it makes me sick, but tap MIGHT be right about the Mavs being better off in the long term... Just maybe. If it really is going to take 30 mil a year for 5 years to keep him, that is an insane price to pay, and he would be virtually untradeable. So 2-3 years from now we might be glad...

Right now though? This blows, no question. I'm just trying to find silver linings wherever I can.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote