Thread: Stromile Swift
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 03:15 PM   #3
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: Stromile Swift

1) I just don't see them trading Swift without "extra" baggage unless he is Pretty confident he can remove pieces to get enough under the Cap to Grab Kobe via Free Agency. With our current team, we have nothing that can Offer Jerry that. I stand corrected, if for some unknown reason, Walker decides to leave the money on the table and opt out this summer, he would be the only one we could trade to them. You could do a combo of Wright, Swift, and Humpries for Walker. Dallas would do that trade, but Memphis wouldn't. The other option is a Outlaw, Swift, and Humpries for Walker. Memphis would do that trade, but Dallas wouldn't.

2) If for some reason that Jerry "knows" he can't get Kobe in the summer and he decides to just move Swift and change for somebody, we could offer him Jamison for Swift and Wright OR Outlaw. Memphis wouldn't do this trade because they already have both Miller and Gasol at SF & PF. Where would Jamison ever play? He would start over Miller, but than Miller would cause chemisty problems. You could have fun with it and Send Jamison/najera to Memphis and get back Miller/swift/Outlaw. Really wouldn't make us any better though.

Hmmm just ran it and it seems to work, but how about a Jamison/Najera for Swift/Battier/Outlaw trade? I dunno if that would get us over the top, but I like the idea of having both Battier and Swift here as Big bodies.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote