Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 06:48 PM   #2126
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
My final top 5 wish list for the Mavs assuming Porter Jr medical was nothing but positive:

1. Ayton
2. Doncic
3. Porter Jr
4. Bagley
5. J3
6. Bamba

Toss up with the last 3. Like others have mentioned, as soon as we pick him I will immediately become fan biased 100%. I'm not as high on Bamba because I watched every UT game last year (live in austin). He had a stretch where he was dominate, but more often than not seemed completely out of it offensively. Will the game slow down for him? Will he get stronger? I'm sure he can and will, but it's enough to give J3 the edge imo.

Right now I think that there is a good chance we see quite abit of shakeup draft night.
I followed the Big 12 pretty close this year and I know what you mean about Bamba. There were games where he just didn't assert himself for someone with his size to help his team. It almost reminded me of watching Shawn Bradley at times as you expected him to completely dominate smaller centers but didn't for some reason.

However I'd still take him at #5 because he should get much better as he matures and has such freakish attributes that could make him a force someday. He did look very good at times and I remember him completely dominating Udoka Azubuike who is the same height and outweighs Bamba by at least 50lbs.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote