View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 03:47 PM   #51
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Fortson suspended 3 games

We are talking about a blatant cheap shot that Cuban has done nothing to address. By not punishing Fortson, or even speaking harshly against his action, he is tolerating this behavior. He complains to the league about everything that goes wrong with the Mavericks. But when his team is clearly at fault for something as serious as this, he does nothing. No, he just takes the opportunity to do even more whining and complaining. Over the past week, I have not seen the actions of a classy organization. I have seen a self-serving owner politicising his own team's dirty play into a ploy to bend the rules is own interests. He's pointing a lot of fingers at other people and not trying to address the problems on his own team.

The organization knew of Danny's reputation before they brought him here. They chose to trade for him anyway. Once he was here, they chose to insert him in the starting lineup with only a couple of practices under his belt. Now that a forseeable regrettable event has occurred, the organization hasn't done a damn thing to discourage it from happening again. It seems to me that Cuban is in fact encouraging the very type of behavior on his team that he's condemning publicly to the league. That's hypocritical. All I'm saying is he should clean up his own mess before complaining about the mess of others.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote