View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 10:06 AM   #4
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Trade Walker....

it's too early to say, but from what i've seen early on, i can see why antoine walker was a problem in boston and why ainge wanted him out. he definitely does have a very dominant personality, seeks to be the leader, and likes the ball in his hands. now, that would be great if he was a michael jordan, tim duncan, or even a dirk nowitzki, but . . . he's antoine walker, a guy who's average in the post, average from the three point line, and slightly above average passer for somone his size. now, he has put up good numbers so far, but his shots and possessions have come at the expense of nash, fin, nowitzki, and jamison . . . all guys who, besides finley, are far more efficient shooters.

i don't see a lot of this being a problem early on but later on, as games get more important, and especially in fourth quarters, i'd really hate to see walker take a chunk of crunch time shots because he believes himself to be the best player on the floor when in fact he has to defer to dirk.

i'll give this time, but i don't feel good about this . . . and if we had to trade someone, i'd trade walker over jamison, although it appears that Nellie has got some man-crush on walker at the moment.

3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote