View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 08:23 PM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Podkolzin to pratice next week

Podkolzine's pituitary problems scared away many NBA general managers, but two Summer's ago, before his medical prognosis became well known, he was regarded as a probable top-5 pick. Additionally, Chad Ford stated in an Insider Q&A that Donnie Nelson told him shortly before the draft, that he would consider taking the Siberian giant #1 if he possessed that pick, and further stated that Donnie was hell-bent on aquiring the amazingly coordinated, very skilled, naturally strong, 18 year old giant.

Now I'm sure that it's going to take a few years for Big Pavel to learn and adjust to the NBA game, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if after everything is said and done, the Siberian Giant Pavel ends up being the most significant long-term aquisition that our Mav's made this off-season. I also won't be at all surprised to hear more short-sighted, idiotic Mavs fans harping and crowing over the next couple of seasons that, "PPod's a stiff", "Pavel sucks", or "Well he's 7'5" and that's about it". Obviously, everybody's entitled to have their own opinions about Big Pavel, but as I said, Podkolzine will almost certainly need a few seasons to acclimate to the NBA, and for my own part, I'm willing to bet that Donnie's confidence in the giant Siberian just might be well placed (as it was for a certain 6-11, 18 year old German, a few years back)...