View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #96
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Johnson attempted 4.8 16-23ft jumpers and 4.3 threes.

Iggy attempted 4.3 and 3.7

And Johnson attempted four more attempts total per game.

In fact, if you actually run the numbers, jump shots from 16ft and out (including threes) made up a higher percentage of Iggy's game than JJ's (57% vs 50%).

Now, Iggy also shoots a lot (and very, very well) at the rim, but he is all or nothing. He either drives to the bucket or shoots long jumpers (poorly). While Johnson is more versatile.
I don't like Iggy's lack of outside game, not at all. I like the fact JJ may not drive much, but gets close jumpers.

My question is this: which would adjust better to coming to Dallas. Who could take the best advantage of the doubles on Dirk or the ball movement by Kidd or the drive and kicks by Roddy? I'd think Iggy start driving more, because he has an attack mentality. Johnson seems to have a jump shot mentality.

Personally, I'd prefer a player who can slash, cut and finish strong over a spot up jump shooters, because the former is much harder to find.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote