View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #107
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Well, my main thinking is that Iguodala has more of a driving, slashing mentality. If he came to a place with a passing point guard, a big needing to be doubled...all the stuff we'd talk about...he'd be able to drive more and shot less jumpers. He does shot a lot of jumpers this year, but he's on a bad team without other people to create. No, I can't prove a player's mentality, but I do find it interesting that in the 08-09 season, Iggy's splits were much more drive heavy: 64%/36%. And remember, Iggy had some injury problems this year

Johnson, in my opinion, has a shooter's mentality. And he can shoot. And he can hit tough, contested shots. All of that. Bit in 08-09, Johnson shot even more jumpers: 80%/20% split. That's why I think he's going to shoot jumpers no matter the situation. He doesn't have the driving ability that Iguodala has...maybe Iguodala doesn't do it enough, but there is no doubt Iguodala is better at it.

And I think Iggy and JJ aren't as far apart as you think. Yes, JJ is a better scorer overall (1.5 more PPG over his career, 4 more PPG last year). But Iggy is a better rebounder, better passer, better defender, is younger, and actually shoots a higher percentage from the floor over his career.

So I'll be honest. Straight up, JJ or Iggy? But trades are never straight up and considering the players that would have to be given up for one or the other, and considering all the other factors that go into the decision making, I'd rather the Mavericks pursue Iguodala.
so, what do you think about Hinrich for the JET straight up?