View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #1157
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I was 0-3 for the playoffs as well.

The Let's Go Rangers chant after the final out was really cool. A few minutes later Chuck thanked the fans for their support a huge cheer went up.

My dad and I hung around for quite a while, and about 30 minutes after it was all over Wash came back onto the field to do an interview and those of us that were there (a few thousand I would guess) had gathered towards their dugout and gave him several ovations. There was also a Wash chant. It was really cool. He had to tip his cap about five times in five minutes before heading back into the clubhouse.

Also, four different Giants took time to leave their celebration to come over and shake his hand and give him a hug before he headed off. That dude is really, really respected amongst the players.
I wish I could have stayed for that. I was with my dad and we stayed for about 10 minutes after the game had ended before we had to leave. He had a class to teach this morning and had to get to bed. Otherwise I would have stayed there until they kicked me out.