View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #20
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
They might be able to move Vucevic & his $12 mil, but yeah it's going to be hard this upcoming offseason.

That said, I think they could of moved Gordon at the trade deadline & got something in return. Maybe they're planning on doing a sign & trade in the offseason. Rumors were that the only 2 players were not touchable on the Magic at the trade deadline: Aaron Gordon & Johnathan Isaac.

I don't see them just not matching & letting him walk. Sign & trade would probably be the only way another team gets Gordon.
I don't really see a whole lot of motivation for a sign and trade -- if the Magic match, then they dedicate to going over the cap and can't get any instant financial relief in a trade since the salaries will have to match. And it's unlikely that they'd get a better/more useful player in return. I suppose they could trade for some expiring contracts bundled with a high future pick, but there aren't many (if any) teams that could/would offer that, nor are there any guarantees that the pick would be worth it.

Seems like they'd be best off just keeping Gordon if they bother to match... Unless I'm missing another angle here?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote