View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 12:18 PM   #4
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Mavericks want Carter!?

This translation isn't great but you kind of get the gist of it.

"air Canada" is to fly for Dallas

Torontos Vince Carter is for the Mavs baskets to shortly
obtain

Munich - the exchange and change stock exchange in the NBA
bring almost daily new Top messages out. Now there is the Dallas Mavericks, before a spectacular new obligation stand.
In the discussion at the Nowitzki team is Torontos Vince Carter. One believes Insidern, the Deal is to already be signed and sealed.

Toronto manager contradicts

Even if the new RWS gate manager disclaims Rob Babcock in the
"Toronto Sun" violently ("nothing is there to"), it must admit nevertheless, "that the decision is to more with Vince than with us".
Babcock further: "Vince Carter is not a crucial and very valuable player for us and we
participates active, to sell it."

58 million dollar for four years

The four times all star is for four years with the Mavs 58
million dollar to receive. To replace is it Antoine Walker, that expectations of the Texaner not to fulfill could. Walker is brought with the New York of break in connection.
While the Bemuehungren is strengthened continued around Carter, are three new players contracts in Dallas to sign.
It concerns thereby Marquis Daniels, Avery Johnson and Didier Ilunga Mbenga. Daniels - it has an impressive Rookie season behind itself - is to
sign a six-annual contract, it 38 million dollar brings.

Return of Avery Johnson

Center Ilunga Mbenga signs for two years and begins with a
content of 1.6 million dollar in the first year.
Johnson, for the Mavs had already played, agreed an in annual contract, that it the minimum for "veterans" guarantees - 1.1 million dollar.
It is gotten as replacement POINT Guard, its major tasks are to lie however in the coach range.

Johnson successor of Nelson?

"it becomes my right hand in the bank", so Don Nelson. The Mavericks mavericks-Coach estimates the qualities of Johnson
highly and hopes, to be able to develop it as its successor.
"I am pleased, that I may introduce it to the coach business ", so Nelson. Johnson is to worry as a Assistents assistents-Coach particularly
about the defensive of the Mavericks and to pass its experience on at
Devin Harris and beginner Daniels.
Johnsons manager Tony Dutt is pleased over the possibilities, to its favorite are offered. "it does not concern the money", so Dutt. "it is a preparation on its future."