View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 02:03 PM   #1222
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

What a great, great night for our Mavericks.

They made a commitment to continue the roster building by adding YOUTH and ATHLETIC ABILITY, and didn't go all-in on getting older and more experienced. I didn't see that coming, and I fully thought they'd overreact to making the playoffs a year before anyone expected.

Those wondering whether they'll be better this season are missing the point, imo. I believe they will be, but with the covid craziness it's hard to tell what will happen. However, the moves they made last night, when seen in TOTAL, are indicative of an overall PLAN.

For example, the Green pick is underwhelming, due to his raw status on offense, until you realize that they're also trading for a similar player with experience in Richardson. This means that the Mavs will not have to rely on Green to play heavy minutes in order to be successful this season. He has time to be a bit of a project, if necessary.

The Terry pick is also underwhelming at first, because how in the world would that dude get minutes on the same team as Seth Curry. But then, BOOM - Curry is out, Richardson is in.

I see method. I see a plan, and I think it's a good plan. Better than I imagined it would be, and clearly they executed it pretty well.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote