View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

What position are we looking for again? I keep reading that we need a "legitimate second scorer" behind Dirk (as if our scoring is a problem), so which position are we trying to fill and who's getting bumped to make room for them?

Dirk, Chandler and Kidd certainly aren't going to be replaced this season (as if they CAN be), so we're obviously looking at the 2 and 3 positions...

Not many 2's out there who are an obvious upgrade over Roddy, especially not when you consider the price... I like Kevin Martin, but I also don't think taking a huge step backwards defensively is going to get us any closer to a ring (nor can I imagine any scenario where Houston would trade him to us...)

Hard to say whether Jax, Crash or Iggy are even on the market right now, but I imagine it'll take more than just Butler's expiring to land any of them (and would any of those guys really put us "over the top" if they're cutting into Marion and Peja's minutes?)

Anyone in a Rip Hamilton mood?

Prince makes sense, but would Butler/picks/cash really be enough to entice Detroit to trade one expiring for another (especially since several other teams in the league can top that)? If so, that's easily the most (read: only) sensible deal we can pursue...

I mean, do you guys really think Butler/Stevenson/DoJo is the best offer Denver is going to get for Melo? (put down your crackpipe before you answer)... And would you really go "all-in" by including Roddy just so we can rent one of the most selfish players in the NBA for half a season?

For bonus points: name ONE team in the league that you don't think we can take in a 7-game series as currently constructed...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-17-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote