View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #76
ThisCharmingFan

ThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the roughThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the roughThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Yeah, that guy is off target. Melo is certainly clutch, but Dirk is a top 5 clutch player in the NBA (one could argue Melo is as well). Citing a Dirk missed FT is pretty humorous considering Dirk led the NBA with a 98% clutch ft. Led it by several points.
There's nothing wrong with Dirk, don't get me wrong. My mistake. That particular free throw was the difference between going into OT and a loss. Sounds like almost the epitome of clutch. On the other hand, Melo hit everything he threw up (so did Aflalo, but whatever). It was just one game, I know, but Denver seems to have an edge on Dallas for some reason. Which is funny to me because it seems like the top teams are handled pretty well most of the time this season.

That was just the most recent thing I remembered and it shocked me. I haven't seen much clutch play from him in recent games is all. I love him, he holds the team together, he makes everyone around him better, but you guys must know that the Mavs tend to let leads slip away really easily. I think Melo would be a good addition to any team, but losing Roddy B doesn't sounds good to me. Honestly, wouldn't want to lose anyone the way they are playing.

But, yeah, Dirk rarely misses a FT, which is why it stuck with me.
ThisCharmingFan is offline   Reply With Quote