View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #1280
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor1988 View Post

Oh, c'mon) do you really think those two injuries vs LAC were a turnaround moment?
TC and Monta have been struggling since the day when RR came here. Mavs play has been completely changed. Tyson as a dunk shot leader was over.
Connection between RR and TC is really awful. (RR - Monta too)
TC's defense and rebounding is what I was referring to with his injury. And monta wasn't shooting 30~% when RR was traded here. It was after his injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor1988 View Post
It is interesting numbers for me.
That is the only positive combinations with Rondo on the court. RR + starting line up and Aminu +11, RR + starting linup and Dirk (-5)
Seeing on this i think maybe Rick must use it. May be using Aminu and Rondo from bench would be better? For example Sixth-seventh minute of first qtr is going on, JJ and Dirk sit down. RR and Aminu replaces them. Several minutes later Harris replaces Monta as he always does. So? If you understood me what do you think guys?
Our lineup is by no means perfect but in small sample sizes any lineup can look good given situations. Do you really think a lineup with JJ and Monta as starters logging heavy mins vs guys like Harden, WB, Steph, Klay will remotely slow them down? Then under this proposed lineup change we have our best defender at the guard position come off the bench and spend half his mins guarding the starter and half his mins wasted guarding bench players? His biggest asset to us atm is he is a better defender than the others at the guard position and with this lineup change you would remove that asset. These lineups don't take into account who they are playing against. Earlier in the season JJ started against Steph with RR out. He scored 50 on us that night, whether you place the blame on him or devin point is RR was out and if RR is on the bench he would not be guarding a player like steph as much. When we play Houston do you want monta guarding Harden and getting in foul trouble? Then he has to let him go by to protect himself from fouls, leaving TC in a bad spot and possibly placing him in foul trouble or easy layups which as we all know can get a player going when he gets too many easy shots. I just don't see a benefit in using the best defensive guard we have on the other teams bench players.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote