View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #34
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
But Tracy McGrady hasn't been that player in a long, long time. He's on the downside of his career. You can point to his age all you want, but based on the number of games played and his injuries, his career is, without question, on a severe downswing.

He may recover a bit with a fresh start, but him recovering would mean he's a serviceable member of a rotation. His days of being an all star are over, and his days of being a top player in the league are long, long over.

Teams don't give up on someone they believe to be an all star caliber player simply because he needs a new start. If the Rockets felt like McGrady had anything positive to contribute to their team, he'd be playing for them.

Seriously, people are frustrated with Josh and his somewhat questionable ability to play through injuries. I get that. But have you people followed McGrady's career at all? He's not some guy that's been racked by devastating injuries. He's consistently shown an unwillingness to play through any kind of injury.

I just don't get the McGrady thing. He.is.done.
Not sure I agree, but nice job.

With that said, would TMac with a new start be a better player this year, than what JHo will bring this team this year?

IMO, his upside and the upside of his expiring contract, make the deal worth doing.

He may or may not ever be able to get back to an all-star status. I don't know. Maybe he is totally in decline, and will never be good again. I still think it is a descent gamble because I don't think it would be the difference with TMac of 1st to 5th, and with JHo the best they can see is 2nd to 4th.

I am not sure that TMac is actually the answer, but I don't see this squad wining it all without everything working perfectly.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote