Thread: 2016 NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 08:01 AM   #239
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I'm just getting caught up, so first of all Congrats to the Cavs. They fought harder and wanted it more to a player. Maybe I'm reading emotions wrong, but I feel some of the Warrriors weren't as determined to win another ring. All the Cavs and especially Lebron truly truly wanted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
So can anyone talk sh*t about Lebron's legacy now? By any conceivable measure, he has to at least be top 5 all-time. And honestly I think that's being conservative.
It's still too early to to legacy with Lebron. Wait until his career is done. And even Charles Barkley on the radio just this morning didn't have him top five ... or even top 7 honestly. You can't ride the emotion of winning this year's championship and declare him the GOAT.

Barkley's top:
#1-5 (in no order): Jordan, Kareem, Oscar Robertson, Wilt, Russel
#6 Kobe
#7 Tim Duncan
#8-13 (in no order): Magic, Bird, Lebron, and i forget the other two he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Has Curry been figured out? Wasnt great against the Thunder, and didnt do well at all vs Cleveland. Cavs punish him in the screens, double him hard, push him around etc. Obviously he cant be completely contained, but he's slowly coming down to earth.
I really think the ref calls helped OKC to some extent and helped Cavs to a lot. For whatever reason, the NBA decided to go to letting players get constantly bumped, pulled, and pushed on the outside. This is a HUGE change in playstyle and very nearly took Curry and Thompson out of the game/series. The NBA needs to figure out what type of game they want played and then call it throughout the season and playoffs. This changing it up for the playoffs is just bullshit.

That said, the Cavs won it. Yes, I think the NBA helped, but the Cavs stepped up and did what was needed for three straight games. Curry never adjusted his game and lost. Plain and simple. Congratulations Cleveland Cavaliers!
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote