View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #95
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day1MavsFan View Post
Well, Jthig, how about instead of being a lazy moderator , you remove the "new" discussion from the old thread and move it to a new one? You could even post a link to the new thread at the end of the old one.

Your advice is still not nearly as rational as having a new thread. I had never read the old thread, so clicking the link to take me to the first unread post wouldn't have helped me, and even if I'd read half of it, I still have to figure out which page starts the new discussion and that's a hassle. It takes a lot more than ten seconds, and I don't even know that I'll find what I'm looking for.

Also, just because you already know the news before you come here does not mean others do. Why shouldn't we come here for Mavs news? Why do I need to go to, say Espn.com, to prepare myself to come to this forum? Now you're asking me to take more time, when good reading about the news is right here.

What you should be purporting is that when people have something new to report or discuss is that they start a new thread, not that we should wade through unrelated material to find the right discussion.

I understand that a discussion had already started in the old thread and that we really don't want a split discussion, but it was no more wrong to start a new thread than it was to put new news in an old thread. It doesn't matter who started it, it was the right thing to do in my mind. Rag on him for starting an inappropriate new thread, sure, when it happens and in that thread.
So you want the few dozen regular posters around here to alter their posting habits to accommodate your infrequent use of the site? Because that's what you're asking... The mods don't "control" this board - they just get rid of bots and trolls. It's the posting habits of the regular users that determines threadflow (but you'd already know that if you bothered to read any of JThig's posts in this thread...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote