View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #101
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day1MavsFan View Post
Also, just because you already know the news before you come here does not mean others do. Why shouldn't we come here for Mavs news? Why do I need to go to, say Espn.com, to prepare myself to come to this forum? Now you're asking me to take more time, when good reading about the news is right here
I don't really care what you do before coming to this forum. My point is that a forum, traditionally, is about discussion, not about breaking news. I don't find it to be my responsibility to make sure every user of this form is greeted with new threads announcing the day's news.

If you feel differently, great. I nominate you as the official thread starter for all breaking news. Have at it.

In the mean time, I'm going to continue letting the users of this forum interact with it the way they want (for the most part). If they want to continue old conversations when new information is found, fine. If they want new threads to discuss things, fine. I'm going to step in and move things around from time to time if the boards gets unwieldy, but by and large the users of the forum dictate how the board works. If you don't like it, I apologize, and I recommend that you put in the work here to try to change it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote