View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #36
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Rockets declining Parsons for the sole reason to be able to throw almost max at Carmella after moving Lin and Asik. The second carmella is off the market they are going to offer parsons a longterm contract.
Totally agree with this. This is my list of players that are NOT going anywhere so might as well start looking for others

Carmelo - he's not leaving NY because it's NY and they just got Phil Jackson
Hibbert - Bird will not trade him. You don't trade arguably the 2nd best center in the league even after having a horrible playoffs when he still relatively young
Gortat - Washington just made a very good playoff run with a young and VERY exciting backcourt
Parsons - As above, once Carmelo resigns in NY, Houston will offer big money to him
Lebron - Not going anywhere because playing for Miami in the East is absolutely the easiest road to the Finals in the last 20 years of NBA that I've been watching

Doubtful that these players leave or we should chase
Ariza - i think he stays in Wash for same reasons as Gortat. Would have to seriously overpay him to get him here.
Monroe - Pistons already talking that they want him back. I don't see him leaving on his own.
Kyle Lowrey - I would really bet on Toronto offering him more $$$ than we could
Okafur - you guys do realize he didn't play at all last year with a neck injury/surgery, right?

My list of players to chase mostly in order of importance ...
Deng - should be our #1 target as a UFA
Lance - would be awesome to trade Jose for him
Chandler - give Phil a call to see if there is any possibility, but i seriously doubt it
Thabo Sefolosha - I think we have a legit shot at him. He could easily go back to being a stellar defender and very good 3 point shooter.
Pau Gasol - i still think he can play both C and PF with Dirk and Sam. Depends on how much $$$
Spencer Hawes - depending on $$$, him and Sam would be a decent C rotation ... hopefully.
PJ Tucker - i like him but he's looking for his first big payday, so I expect him to be overpaid by a bad team
Jordan Hill - i would really like changing BWright for this guy. He hustles, rebounds, and defends. All the things Wright does not do while doing what Wright does do to a smaller degree.

Last edited by MavzMan; 06-05-2014 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spell check ftw
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote