View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default How bad is Billy Hunter?

Is this the guy you would want negotiating for you?

Quote:
"A guy makes a few dollars in his playing career, but most of our players when they end playing basketball they are going to be living for another 40 years or so. And so I don't know how long that money is going to last. Even if they made every prudent investment that they could possibly make, I don't know at what level they are going to be able to live. But I think after a while it just becomes a principle. For a lot of these players that is what it's about."
Seriously? Is he really saying "Dude...listen...how long do you think a few million bucks is going to last a guy? Have you seen the return on investments these days? I mean, in this day and age you could be Warren Buffet and still not make it on a few mil. Not at any reasonable standard of living, anyway."

It's a matter of principle, he says. Yeah. If your principle is that you should necessarily be set for life without ever working a job for the next 40 years, just because you played in the NBA, I guess.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote