View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 10:15 AM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: what are they worth to you?

Jamison is the worst defender on this team. For us, he's just a junk scorer like Cedric Ceballos. We don't run plays for him... he's an opportunistic scorer. He's an OK offensive rebounder, but not a very good defensive rebounder. His game offensive game is positioning: Get the ball near the basket and put it in. But the problem is that when Jamison is near the basket, no one else should be near the basket. Our offense needs spacing, and you can't have spacing with two guys within five feet of the rim. Ideally, I'd like to get a bigger body down low, or have nobody camped out down there at all. We'd get much better shots with passes coming off cutters, pick and rolls, elbow sets, etc. I think we'd be a better offensive team without Jamison. I know we'd be a better defensive team.

Antoine Walker is the best defender on the team right now with Shawn and Howard out. Nelson has said that he routinely puts Walker on our opponent's best scorer. That's not saying a whole lot, but at least Walker isn't a glaring defensive liability like Jamison. I think he's an incredibly gifted offensive player in the mold of Chris Webber... a versatile passer, scorer, shooter. The perfect in-out offensive complement to Dirk and Steve. We need to get him to push the pace a little bit more, but other than that I can't find much to complain about. I think his a great fit for this team.

madape is offline   Reply With Quote