View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #506
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Sure it's close to being true... He's one of the all time greats to play not only his position but the game.

I would think that there's a few Cowboys that have something to say about who's number 1... and maybe a Stars player and perhaps a Rangers great or two. But Dirk is right up there in the mix. He's not #1 in my opinion, but when you start talking about one of the definitive top 50 players to ever play the game, he has to be at least very close to the top when it comes to top area athletes that at least played on a team sport.
arod is one of the definitive top 10 players ever to play his sport... Is dirk near the top of the list? of course. Is he actually a legit challenger for the title? No.

For the record the list of dallas area players id take over him during my lifetime(since 1985 and not in order)

Emmitt smith
Troy Aikman
Arod
and maybe Pudge

(Caveat if you include vy at texas he jumps to 1)
Dirk is my favorite athlete ever. I absolutely love the guy. That said hes in the 2nd or third tier or so of all time greats in bball. Arod legitimately has an argument as the best player ever 3 of his best seasons were here.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote