View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #111
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Next to a 6'0" Collison?

He only fits as a PG, to me.

Edit: After reading the rest of the thread, I'll add that I don't think Kidd's a fit either. But I have no interest in Jet as a SG if I don't have a big PG to pair him with. He's just too much of a liability defensively.

If Jets wanted to be the backup PG and not close games, he'd be a fit, but I wouldn't have much interest in any other role.
Well, but let's not make it sound like he has to play 30+ minutes a game with Collison. You can mix and match enough (especially if they get one other experienced guard, which I assume they will, whether Delonte or somebody else) to prevent the thing from being a constant sieve.

I could absolutely live with Terry on the court with Collison for short stretches, on the court with Dahntay for other stretches (playing PG), and on the court with, say, Delonte (assuming they do decide to bring him back).

We have a head coach who figured out how to effectively use 4 guards who were all decidedly limited in one way or another (Kidd, Stevenson, Terry, Barea). And he used almost every combination of those 4 at different times, including Terry-Barea (which is worse defensively than Terry-Collison). I think it'd work.

To your specific point, though, it's not worthwhile if Terry can't play PG. But he can. It also doesn't work as well if we assume (as you have) that Terry would strongly resist and overall reduced role with the team.

*edit to add* To be clear for anyone who just started following, this discussion is moot. Terry is going to Boston. I'm not holding out hope otherwise.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-12-2012 at 12:01 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote