View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #217
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Career best PER, career best ts%, career-best assist%, career-best a/to ratio. There's still time for his average level of performance to decline to a point where the claim would ring hollow, but as of right now this has clearly been his best year.
I would argue this has also been his worst season as a defender(though I only saw him about 20 times a year during his first two seasons and he's had quite a few bright moments this year so it's possible I just happened to catch an unusually high percentage of his good nights in those seasons. The career high in turnovers makes the a/t ratio basically double counting assist ratio IMO. The ts is largely a product of his 3pt shooting which I think is more luck than anything. I don't think he's become a better shooter and I don't think he takes better shots. If it returns to his normal level his ts% is basically the same as his second year.

As for the assists, I think that largely a product of him playing a good bit of pg which I don't think he's done particularly well. If you look at it every single one of those stats is a product of him passing more which while I think he certainly has the skills to be a 5apg type 2, I think is more a product of role than playing better.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote