View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #43
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
If you can cash a check...I think you should be able to show who you are? Buy a beer? Anything?

Got a license? Got an idcard..(looks pretty easy to get)/.

http://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/id-cards.php

You mean voting is so unimportant that folks can't be bothered to get an ID card to make sure they can do it?

I continue to NOT see the big deal with requiring someone to prove who they are to vote.

Since EVERY vote counts...shouldn't EVERY vote be valid? Or should someones valid vote be negated by an invalid one?
Fair enough, this seems to me like a non issue for most people, the only ones affected are too uneducated to know how to obtain an id or too poor to afford one. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to vote.... what is your opinion of unicorns?