View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #60
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I believe they may have to have both don't they? A registration card and an id showing you are who you say you are. If the voters card had a positive ID on it, that would be fine. But as it is, it's pretty useless as an id, that's why you can't cash a check with it. Anyone could take my registration card and vote.

Or just an ID will suffice without the registration card as long as you are registered.

So was that a yes...If it were free you would be okay with it?

Like instant replay, some folks just want to get it right.
no, if you have your voter registration card you don't need a second ID, they look at the signature on the card to match to the signature on the sign in sheet. you sign the sheet and they give you a ballot. if you don't have the registration card you show your ID.

I've got no problem with a photo on the voter registration card. this would need to be done so there's no cost and its easy to provide.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote