View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #468
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
He had his dad with him, and an instructor, and the Second Amendment.
Yes, and his dad (a doctor) is an idiot. I took my son to the range yesterday and let him fire a single shot 22 (holds only 1 round at a time), and I was watching him like a hawk, to the point of being paranoid. The Second Amendment doesn't protect against stupidity.

The article said something about the dad not knowing if the instructor was holding the weapon while the kid fired. Sounds as if the instructor was supposed to have a hand on it to help maintain control. If that was what he was supposed to do, then he had no business handing that gun to a kid with a chambered round if he wasn't holding it too. Of course, that's just assumptions on my part. The whole idea of letting under age kids shoot a fully automatic weapon is just retarded.

In my opinion, the range owners/operators, instructor, and dad are all guilty of negligent homicide.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote