Thread: Mavs 2012 Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #54
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Ross is going to be off the board before the 17th pick. If you do get Deron, it would be nice to give a the PG a true SG. You probably resign West and Kidd. That leaves no room for Roddy once again. Giving up a player you only use when the major players are injured isn't giving up a lot.
I understand the reasoning. But how is Ross any further along then Roddy? 2-3 yrs minimum before he's ready. And i really like Ross btw.

I just wonder if Roddy wouldnt have Brandon Jennings or Kyle Lowry trade value if he were given 36+ minutes. i think he would. I also think its rare that
a young vet is traded for a low lottery pick and it works out for both teams. George Hill for Kawhi Leonard this past happened to work out really well for both teams.

So yeah, if the Mavs sign Deron and re-sign Kidd and West we would have a glut of combo guards. And if the Mavs see a cant-miss Kawhi Leonard type at around
pick 9 or 10 and have a willing trade partner that has a need and loves Roddy, then yes i could see the Mavs pulling the trigger on a deal like that. Alot of things have to happen for that trade to come off though.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-01-2012 at 01:57 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote