Thread: Mavs 2012 Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #74
HueyFreeman

HueyFreeman is on a distinguished road

Some of my favorite 2nd round players in the draft

Kim English (seriously underrated which is understandable considering he's a bit of a 1 year wonder; runs hot and cold, but was absolutely on fire his senior year; has better physical attributes than he's credited with, but is probably close to his ceiling)

Miles Plumlee (big, strong, athletic worker with good physical tools and size; always improving; I think he can definitely give you 15 mpg at the 5 right off the bat with the potential and work ethic to eventually become a starter; a little overlooked at Duke because of their trigger-happy guards)

Darius Johnson-Odom (tough, competitive, athletic, undersized 2 guard with good all around game; has a bunch of offensive moves; reminds me of a less explosive, but stronger Monta Ellis)

Quincy Acy (undersized but explosive 4 that can rebound and block shots; has an improving jumper/ FT%; showed up big when it mattered most (this is the guy that dropped 22 with Anthony Davis guarding him in the Elite 8); would probably have won the 'NBA' dunk contest this past ASQ)

Josh Owens (overlooked 5th year Stanford guy that showed up big in the NIT tourney & Nets combine; you wish he was more consistent, but he would be a good Summer League invite if he doesn't get drafted (chances are he ends up a mid-late 2nd rounder); undersized, but has a good frame/wingspan; I'd love to see if he can carve out a career in the league... a poor man's Quincy Acy)
"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility." - Khalil Gibran

Last edited by HueyFreeman; 06-22-2012 at 12:09 AM.
HueyFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote