Thread: Mavs 2012 Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #77
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyFreeman View Post
Some of my favorite 2nd round players in the draft

Kim English (seriously underrated which is understandable considering he's a bit of a 1 year wonder; runs hot and cold, but was absolutely on fire his senior year; has better physical attributes than he's credited with, but is probably close to his ceiling)

Miles Plumlee (big, strong, athletic worker with good physical tools and size; always improving; I think he can definitely give you 15 mpg at the 5 right off the bat with the potential and work ethic to eventually become a starter; a little overlooked at Duke because of their trigger-happy guards)

Darius Johnson-Odom (tough, competitive, athletic, undersized 2 guard with good all around game; has a bunch of offensive moves; reminds me of a less explosive, but stronger Monta Ellis)

Quincy Acy (undersized but explosive 4 that can rebound and block shots; has an improving jumper/ FT%; showed up big when it mattered most (this is the guy that dropped 22 with Anthony Davis guarding him in the Elite 8); would probably have won the 'NBA' dunk contest this past ASQ)

Josh Owens (overlooked 5th year Stanford guy that showed up big in the NIT tourney & Nets combine; you wish he was more consistent, but he would be a good Summer League invite if he doesn't get drafted (chances are he ends up a mid-late 2nd rounder); undersized, but has a good frame/wingspan; I'd love to see if he can carve out a career in the league... a poor man's Quincy Acy)
Plumlee is as athletic as it gets but he has no basketball skill whatsoever; pass. Second rounders I like are JaMychal Green, Henry Sims, Khris Middleton, Jae Crowder,Jared Cunningham, and Will Barton (could go late 1st).