Thread: Dal/NO/Phx
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 01:02 PM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dal/NO/Phx

Quote:
Kandi or Foyle wouldn't be upgrades.... they'd be back up to Damp.
The Mavs have backups for Damp-- who don't see floor. Why do the Mavs need two more that does't give them a strength that Damp doesn't have? IMO, they should always be looking to upgrade -- from weakest to strongest. IMO, Center is the weakest position, as a whole, on the Mavs team.

The upgrade from Howard/KVH to Marion/Howard, IMO is much smaller than the upgrade from Damp/Bradley/Rookies to Magloire/Damp/PJ Brown (with Bradley and the Rookies getting clean-up minutes). And then you would have a semi-athletic center in Magloire who has an offensive post-up game, you would still have Damp to bang with Yao, and you would have the vet leadership of PJ who would also be the backup PF to Dirk. NO would still get their expiring contract.

I don't see NO doing this at all, but I think the Mavs would have to do KVH -- Magloire/Brown. Even if they really like, and I do, KVH. Personally, I wouldn't do the other one with Marion though because I can't imagine beating that team with Nash, JJ, QRich, Amare, and Magloire with PJ off the bench for frontline depth.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote