Thread: Sensible Trade?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 03:55 PM   #6
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough

I'm new here too guy....but that trade gives GS WAY TO MUCH!

GS is looking for a trade partner for Fortson and maybe even Dampier to ease the overcrowding they have in the front court since Jamison is moving back to PF with Dunleavy playing SF.
Giving them Van Exel would be STUPID.
Blaylock is a free agent and his shooting percentage makes Nick look like a sharpshooter....so that is a definite NO to Mookie.
Sura is ok....limited defensive ability...let them keep Sura and Blaylock and let us keep NICK.
Doing a sign and trade with Wang....could and I stress could...be the way to go in order to get either Fortson or Dampier.

As far as Donyell Marshall goes....I am not a big fan of his....but he would fit in to what we need. He is a BIG 3 who has a back to the basket game as well as a perimeter game. He is a decent defender and rebounder. I would not be mad if we signed him to a deal....as long as it isn't a long term high $ deal. Sign him for the whole exception if you have too....but not for more than 2-3 years...best bet would be a 1 year deal and then we would see how well he fits in here
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote