Thread: Sensible Trade?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 04:03 PM   #8
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

actually,

i was thinking more in terms of contract reasons as well. we unload bradley's big fat contract and van exel's and the only big contract we get in return is dampier, who'd be worth his contract more than bradley. i was hoping to get mookie in a sign and trade for a one year contract and sura only has two years left on a decent contract.

i realize gs's getting more, but you have to pay a premium at times for a legitimate center. dampier's numbers might not have been great, but i think he would be of value to us more than van exel and wang combined. i'm not a big fan of the two point guard lineup employed by nelson and would rather have sura running alongside nash than van exel. wang, however, has huge potential in my eyes. however, i'm just proposing that if he doesn't want to come back to the mavs, we need to get something for him in return.

but you guys are right, gs is getting more. perhaps we can replace arenas with mookie. they won't give us welsch, who's highly regarded by them. they might give us fortson, but i think this guy's overrated. he can get rebounds, but can't play man to man defense and lacks an offensive game and is undersized. we really need a big body inside and i think dampier would be a good answer for that.
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote