View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 08:29 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that really an issue that hangs up the move?

If it is, I can't imagine once the new board is up and running that you wouldn't have the power to edit at least the numbers in. Do people want their pm's and post history? I would think that most wouldn't care too much if the thread history was wiped clean and we started all over. I don't think most would care about the pm history either so the pm's could be dumped. I dump my pm history every once in a while anyways. The only issue that would leave that I can think of is that some would be concerned with their # of posts. A lot of folks have put a lot of their own time in to make the board a great place. The reward is that little title under the name. I would be surprised if you didn't have the option of creditting the # of posts somehow.

I'll go on record as saying that it would be nice to keep the # of posts, but it would be nicer to just continue to post at this site. If a new board is coming with new features, etc I'd much rather see it than whine about post #'s. Still, I know some will want their post numbers carried over. But in the grand scheme of things, progress is usually good. I'm more interested in hearing about the new site features than the old post numbers.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote